November 29, 2010

A Last Look at Fall

As we ease into the winter months, I wanted to be sure I posted some photos of the Thanksgiving work I did last week. I know many are already decking the halls and putting out Christmas lights, but I believe in granting each season and holiday its due - why rush? Half of the fun is the anticipation!

So, with that, here's a look at the flowers I did last week for a Thanksgiving dinner in a private home. The 32-foot long table was set for thirty with an adjoining children's table. I simply love the grace of this dining room - it's perfectly designed for entertaining and the table linens, chairs, and flowers complemented the wall color and rug beautifully. What a wonderful home in which to celebrate Thanksgiving!

I used white and green Fresca hydrangea, three varieties of hypericum berry, Milva roses, Terracotta roses, brown cymbidium orchids, cockscomb, gilded wheat, and pheasant feathers - all cushioned in loads of seeded eucalyptus - to create a lush, berried, autumnal look. My client wanted it to be elegant, and I think the effect was amazing!

I also created two other large pieces - one for the kitchen and one for the front hall - where I added thistle, lilies, curly willow, Bells of Ireland, orange snapdragon, and a pop of solidaster - both in silver containers.

Last, but not least, I arranged two small pieces for the powder room of roses and freesia - I always think that flowers in the powder room are a wonderful touch. One's guests do appreciate them! 

Enjoy the lushness of fall! 








Front hall - a bit blurred!


Kitchen -



Powder room -





No comments:

Post a Comment