November 22, 2010

Christening Party

A few weeks ago, I received a phone call from one of my brides of last year, Alexis. She was calling to ask me to do the flowers for her new baby daughter's christening, and I was thrilled to do it!

Alexis wanted the flowers to be feminine (in honor of her daughter) but not bridal - so I selected white hydrangea, pale pink ranunculus, birch branches, and green moss all arranged delicately in tall mercury glass vases. We also used a number of mercury glass votives as well as some vintage mercury glass and etageres of Alexis'.

On a crisp, bright November morning, the effect was soft and inviting. Guests gathered around a roaring fire at George's in Wayne for some cocktails before they moved onto a cosy lunch in front of the sunny windows. What a wonderful way to celebrate the baby girl on her big day!










No comments:

Post a Comment