September 12, 2011

Semper Fidelis

Every year, for many years, I have been honored to do the flowers for the Annual Marine Corps Scholarship Ball in Philadelphia - this year hosted at the Bellevue. It's a huge event and each spring I look forward to working on it and participating in this worthy event that raises scholarship money for the men and women of the Marine Corps.

Representative of the Marine Corps uniform, I use mainly red and gold flowers but do include some purple, orange, and yellow for interest and to help the red flowers pop in the arrangements I design in gold urns.

What a fantastic, inspiring event. I am inspired by the team that plans the evening - those who are utterly devoted to their work for the Marine Corps - as well as by those who benefit from the evening - the men and women who make incredible sacrifices in their devotion and service to our country.

I am always honored to be a part of this cause.  Thank you.

Flowers pictured include: Freedom roses, lilies, hydrangea, snapdragons, solidaster, stock, kermit chrysanthemums, carnations, pittosporum, and salal.






No comments:

Post a Comment